A little somethin' somethin'

My final project centers around social media feminism and takes a look at whether feminists are more present online or in real life. To get a better sense of what is actually going on out there, I interviewed about ten feminists spanning the ages of 20 to 50, asking them a total of six questions to not onnly gage their thoughts on feminism, but to to get a sense of how they participate in feminism as a movement as well.

I was really surprised at the feedback that I received, but what was most interesting was the parallels between the oldest feminists and the youngest ones. Between these two groups, there were some unexpected match ups between their definitions of feminism and whether or not the groups thought feminists were more prominent online or IRL.  Of course, there were some predictable answers, but I found it refreshing that there is less of a generational-influenced divide between older and younger feminists.

Comments

  1. I'm actually surprised as well that you wouldn't find more generational differences among feminists. I feel like the movement has changed in a very big way since when it first picked up in the 70s, and I would expect younger feminists to have somewhat of a different agenda. I'm curious as to whether or not they would realize how similar they are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Op-Ed: Your OCD is Showing

Prompt: Nobody to Somebody